Noise is an inevitable consequence of our daily activities whether in the workplace, travelling to and from work, in the home, or at recreation.

Some noise is tolerable but it becomes a nuisance when its level and occurrence make it an unreasonable intrusion upon our right to peace and quiet and/or puts our health at risk.

Unless there is a crime being committed, or a concern for life occurring linked to the noise, then Surrey Police should not be the first agency you call to lodge your complaint. Local Authority Environmental Health Departments, and where relevant, your Social Housing Provider, will be in a much better position to deal with your complaint.

If you would like more information on how your local authority or housing provider deals with noise issues, please click one of the links below:

Local Authority


Epsom & Ewell


Mole Valley

Reigate & Banstead



Surrey Heath




Housing Providers

PA Housing Association

Raven Housing Association

Accent Peerless Housing Association

Rosebery Housing Association

A2Dominion Housing Association

Mount Green Housing Association

Thames Valley Housing Association

London and Quadrant Housing Association

Guiness Partnership Housing Association

Greenoak Housing Association

Hyde Housing Group

Orbit Housing Group

Southern Housing Group

Vivid Homes

Circle Housing - Mole Valley

This list does not represent all the social housing providers in Surrey, just the main providers.